Evangel Assembly of God
801 Paradise Road, Po Box 159, Aberdeen Maryland 21001 Phone: 410-272-6161
1. To be a distinctively Pentecostal Church. To encourage the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, the use of the gifts of the Spirit, the reality of divine healing and the return of Christ. To hold as fundamental a belief in the Scripture as the infallible Word of God.
2. It is our vision to reach the lost with the Gospel of Christ. We will give evangelism a high priority in all our activities and programs. We endeavor to reach our community for Christ using any means possible.
3. To reach beyond our own community and nation and fulfill the Lord's commission to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel." We will give at least one tenth of our income to this end and we will support and pray for Missions.
4. To give priority to the maturity of our believers. It is our goal to develop the believers to "do the work of the ministry" (Eph.4:12). We will instruct, guide, and encourage believer to advance in spiritual maturity.
5. While we are fundamentally a family Church, we are dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals from all backgrounds and of every age. We aim to meet the needs of people through the Gospel of Christ because the message of the Gospel is God's answer to all our needs.
6. To provide vibrant, dynamic, and contemporary worship services and programs where the delivery of the Word can be uplifting, faith building and edifying. All music and ministry should seek to influence people to Christ and inspire dedication and consecration to Him.
7. We will exercise the Biblical requirements of righteousness and holiness. We will relate to each other in meekness, unity, humility, and faithfulness recognizing the leadership of the Assembly.
1. Reverence: we exalt God in all we do.
2. Humility: we are servants giving all the glory to our King.
3. Love: we value love as the highest virtue of all.
4. Holiness: we live pure lives honoring our Holy God.
5. Passion for God: we seek God with all our heart, minds and souls.
6. Faith: we walk by faith and not by sight.
7. Hope: we look forward with great anticipation to Christ's coming.
8. Unity: we are committed to guarding our unity at all costs.
9. Truth: we stand firmly on the truth of God's Word.
10. Compassion: we have tender merciful hearts toward the hurting and the poor.
EXALT the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit whereby we may
EVANGELIZE those who are lost,
EDIFYING them into spiritual maturity and fellowship in the body of Christ,
EQUIPPING them for the ministry to which God has called them, and
ENGAGING them in the work of the Kingdom.
our neighbors of Harford county and beyond with the relevant message of Christ; by
them how to develop a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ; and by
them to use their unique spiritual gifts in ministry.
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.